You’ll need to have your credentials assessed if you:
- immigrate to Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker
- come to Canada to work in a certain profession or trade
- come to Canada to study
Credentials you got outside Canada will need to be assessed, such as:
- опыт работы
- professional credentials
Having your credentials assessed will help you:
- show employers what you are qualified for
- understand the types of jobs for you might be qualified for
- see if your credentials are equal to the standards set for Canadian workers
- find out if you need more training, education or Canadian work experience
You can start the process to get your credentials assessed and recognized before you arrive in Canada. Это занимает время и стоит денег.
Чтобы иммигрировать в качестве Федерального квалифицированный рабочий (FSW)
To apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), you must get Educational Credential Assessments (ECAs). This includes any of your completed foreign educational credentials, such as a:
- foreign degree
- other proof of your credential
We use ECAs to see if your credentials are valid and equal to a completed credential in Canada.
You’ll also need to have your skills and training assessed to work in certain jobs in Canada.
Для работы в некоторых рабочих мест в Канаде, в том числе определенных профессий
No matter which type of job you’re looking for, make sure you have the language skills needed. Even if you have the language skills you need to immigrate to Canada, those skills may not be strong enough to work in the job you want to have.
There are two types of jobs in Canada:
Regulated jobs, including trades
Regulated jobs are controlled by provincial, territorial, and sometimes federal laws. They are governed by a regulatory body or apprenticeship authority.
Regulated jobs are also called:
- skilled trades
- apprenticeable trades
They include jobs such as:
These jobs are regulated to:
- protect public health and safety
- make sure people working in these jobs are qualified
About 20 per cent of jobs in Canada are regulated.
In Canada, some provinces and territories regulate some jobs and trades while others do not. If you have a licence to work in a province or territory, it may not be accepted in others.
Регулирующий орган, как правило, оценивает учетных данных распознавания. Check with the regulatory body or other group for your job to find out if you need to be assessed. Они могут сказать вам, какие учетные данные агентство оценки вы должны использовать.
You can find out how to contact your regulatory body on Job Bank. You can also check their website to find out more about:
- the process to get your credentials recognized
Working in a regulated job in Canada
To work in a regulated job and use a regulated title, you must:
- have a licence or certificate or
- be registered with the regulatory body for your job in the province or territory where you want to work
Each regulated job has its own requirements for getting a licence or certificate. Requirements for entry can be different between provinces and territories, but they usually include:
- having your training and skills assessed against the job’s standards
- this is done by comparing your training with the training provided by Canadian colleges and universities
- you’ll need to show your original academic transcripts and other related documents, such as university course descriptions
- having your language and communication skills tested
- written exams, an interview or both
- В указанный период под наблюдением опыт работы
You’ll be evaluated on your own merits. Don’t compare your experience to someone else’s. Understand the requirements as they apply to your own case in the province or territory where you plan to work.
If you want to work in a trade, visit Red Seal for more details about the training, skills and experience you’ll need to meet.
Trades include jobs such as:
Как tradesperson, вы можете иметь право на иммиграцию через Федеральный Федеральную Программу Для Квалифицированных Работников.
Нерегулируемых видов деятельности
Some employers need job applicants to be registered or certified by the relevant professional association. Having your credentials assessed and recognized helps Canadian employers understand what you’re qualified for.
Требования к соискателю могут сильно различаться между работодателями. Будьте готовы доказать, что у вас есть образование или опыт, чтобы сделать работу. Возможно, вам придется:
- show a certain level of skill and competence
- have a certain amount of education
- have personal traits that suit the job
В учетные данные агентство оценки можете оценить свои образовательные программы на платной основе. Вы можете включить эту информацию в вашем резюме или curriculum первое издание кубков (резюме).
If you plan to study in Canada, you’ll need to have your educational credentials assessed.
Некоторые высшие учебные заведения могут сделать оценку. In other cases you’ll need to go to an assessment agency.
Contact the post-secondary school you want to go to in Canada to find out what kind of assessment they need and accept. Then, contact the assessment agency recommended by the school you want to attend, if needed.
- charge a fee for their services
- don’t guarantee they will recognize your qualifications for:
- getting accepted to study again in a Canadian post-secondary school
- employment or certification/licensing purposes in Canada
- make assessments that explain your academic background to:
- post-secondary institutions
- professional bodies
- compare your academic credentials with similar ones in Canada’s post-secondary educational system
There are separate processes for having your educational credentials recognized for:
- иммиграции в Канаду в качестве Федерального квалифицированный рабочий
- qualifying to work in a certain job (including getting a license)
- finding a job
When you are talking about immigration in Canada, these words have certain meanings:
Credentials refer to
- degrees, diplomas, and certificates that you earned as part of your formal education
- any document that states you are qualified to work in a certain job, such as
Qualifications refers to your combined
- skills and
- опыт работы
These will show if you are qualified to perform a certain job.
Competencies refer to things that you have learned. They include
- a skill or set of skills
- level of knowledge
- conduct and practice
- ethical, legal, communication behavioural norms for a specific occupation.
- Дата Изменения: