International Autism Institute began it's work in 2010 to formed the order of society - increasing the number of children with autism spectrum disorders and lack of social and pedagogical techniques and conditions for learning and socialization of children and adults with ASD. The problem of autism relevant not only in Russia, but all over world. Many countries have a positive experience in learning and socialization of children with ASD.
The mission of the International Autism Institute: consolidation of the leading humanitarian researches and informational technological resources on the problems of disorders, creating the leading structure that defines the strategy of development the areas of social adaptation and integration of children and adults with ASD.
One of the main objectives of the Institute is: realization of strategy of uniting leading international and domestic academic and social humanitarian and psychophysiological researches and informational technological resources on the ASD issues .
International Autism Institute is a structural subdivision of federal state budget educational institution of higher professional education "The V.P Astafiev Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University" and performs the following functions:
1. Research - assistance in organization of applied and fundamental domestic and foreign scientific research in the field of autism.
2. Coordination - creation of the world's leading information research base in the field of autism; organization of domestic and foreign academic structures activities to analyze the results of humanitarian and psychophysiological researches and advances in the field of autism, develop the research strategy for studying autism and learning technologies, education and socialization of children and adults with autism.
3. Informational and publishing - making transfers of scientific works of world's leading experts in the field of autism. Publication and distribution of thematic monographs, methodological and training manuals, articles, etc.
4. Educational and enlightening - training, retraining and advanced training of specialists in the field of special education, psychology and psychophysiology of autistic disorders at relevant departments, offices, chairs and research divisions of the University, the organization and provision of complex psychological, medical and educational consultative diagnostic care for children and adults with autism spectrum disorders.
The Institute invites leading domestic and foreign experts, scientific schools to realize raised objectives. Russia has rich scientific and practical experience of working with children with ASD, which is used effectively in life.
International Institute autism actively cooperates with domestic and foreign institutions and organizations engaged practical work with children with ASD. These institutions are fundamental grounds for realization educational programs of the Institute.
Activity of the International Autism Institute has scientifically based and practice-oriented trend and great constructive plans.
Taking into account the significance of autism problems, activity of the Institute envisaged in two main areas: academic and social.
Academic area involves:
1. Creation of new educational profiles to prepare specialists for working with children and adults with ASD.
2. Development of new curricula for training of specialists in the field of autism (undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate education).
3. Development and approbation of innovative educational and social technologies for working with children and adults with ASD.
4. Establishment of the tutoring institute for children and adults with ASD.
5. Development of programs of International academic exchange between students and specialists in the field of ASD.
Social area involves:
1. Development and approbation of technologies for social working with children and adults with ASD.
2. Formation of an international volunteer movement to support children and adults with ASD.
3. Formation in the younger generation's minds of tolerant attitude towards these children, readiness to assist them.
Krasnoyarsk is the geographical center of Russia, with its unique nature, history, with powerful economic, technological and educational resources. Capacity and resources of the International Autism Institute V.P Astafiev Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University allow to provide effective investigations of applied and fundamental domestic and foreign scientific research in the field of autism; implement and maintain effective educational process with training of specialists in the field of education and socialization of children and adults with autism, create effective technologies and tutor support and inclusive education for children with autism spectrum disorders.